Resources for dental professionals
During the COVID-19 pandemic additional guidelines have been designed to keep yourself, your team and your patients safe. These include looking at the whole practice and implementing measures to minimise the risk of spreading COVID-19. Currently the ADA Risk Management Principles for Dentistry outline how practices can apply evidence-informed infection control measures within a broader risk-based approach.
Risk Management Principles for Dentistry
Dental practices will need to consider what they need to do to maintain a safe working environment for staff and patients during the continued COVID-19 pandemic. To support dental practitioners, the ADA’s Infection Control Committee has developed the “Risk Management Principles for Dentistry" as a guideline for managing risk in this new environment. This resource replaces the ADA Restrictions Levels framework.
- Resource outlining how to apply evidence-informed infection control measures within a broader risk-based approach:
- Webinar that explains and guides you through the new Risk Management Principles for Dentistry:
Critical Information & Resources for Members
Critical Information & Resources
The key resources for managing COVID-19 in your practice.
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Guidance in the context of COVID-19
Summary of critical information for dental teams based on Information within the Environmental cleaning and disinfection for health and residential care facilities document available on the Australian Department of Health website, and series of National Guidelines (SoNG) developed in consultation with the Communicable Diseases Network Australia and endorsed by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC).
Infection control in dental practice has always been a cornerstone of ensuring your practice is safe. This is the responsibility of the treating practitioner. Below are some general infection control resources as well as some additional measures to be mindful of during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Posters/Signage to place in your waiting room and in other publicly visible areas in your practice so that patients and staff are aware of what behaviour and symptoms to be mindful of:
- The Infection control manual template takes all the hard work out of documenting your infection control processes and procedures:
Mental Health Support
The COVID-19 pandemic affects everybody and their ability to earn an income, have security and socialise. As a result, there are many members of our community who are struggling with their mental health. Below is a link to resources and advice that are available. The ADA understands that we are all part of a wider community and now more than ever it is important to reach out to your colleagues, check-in and stay connected.
- Information on mental health services available to Dentists:
- Key Mental Health resources for Dentists: